High Definition Liposuction, also called High Definition Body Sculpting or Vibration-Supported Liposuction is one of the latest techniques for surgical fat removal. The procedure involves a suction cannula that is moved axially in a fast vibrational mode, which serves in combination with the suction vacuum to microscopically and gently cut and remove fat tissue. This technique has its specific advantages for both the doctor as well as the patient. This time-saving procedure offers a more gentle and homogeneous fat removal with less force and effort necessary to move the cannula, allowing the doctor to work with higher precision.
Vibration-supported liposuction is the modern way of surgical fat removal. Here, the suction cannula is moved axially in a fast-vibrational mode; this serves in combination with the suction vacuum to microscopically and gently cut and remove fat tissue. This technique has its specific advantages for both the doctor as well as the patient.
- Gentle and homogeneous fat removal.
- Time-saving procedure.
- Less force and effort necessary to move the cannula the doctor is thus able to work with higher precision.
Patient Advantages over Traditional Liposuction
- Gentle vibration increases patient comfort
- The patient can stand for abdominal etching and verification of symmetry
- Patient can visually inspect the dynamic results
- Minimal bruising and less downtime
- Excellent skin tightening
- Vibration assisted analgesia helps to reduce discomfort for up to 36 hours post procedure
- Increased safety because no sedation is required for patient comfort
- Harmonic vibration of hand piece produces a 3-direction movement at the tip of the cannula: in/out, up/down, side/side
- Fastest mechanism of infiltration in the world
- Most efficient aspiration rate: 3-6 Liters per hour
- Vibration creates cannula course of 6-10 mm per stroke
- Vibration decreases pain due to the Gate Control Theory of Pain
- Ease of penetration through fibrous tissue, post-surgical scars, and secondary liposuction
- Vibration of cannula maintains tissue integrity by not damaging supporting structures
- Superior re-adaptation of skin due to stimulation of fibroblasts and mechanical skin tightening
- No patient upper limit BMI
- Vibration Assisted Liposculpture with no heat
Jaclyn Shields – Senior Cosmetic Coordinator